An experienced Finance Director – Patrick Lavelle has been the Finance Director or CFO in businesses ranging from start- ups to family owned businesses and up to multi national companies with operations across the globe.
As Finance Director he has led large teams across multiple locations and has a track record of implementing change programmes in complex operations. He has a collaborative and team based management style with a constant focus on cash flow and EBITDA.
Patrick is a Fellow of The Chartered Association of Certified Accountants. Patrick has more than 20 year’s experience as Finance Director and Chief Financial Officer of several large multi-national and domestic operations. He has significant international experience.
He has led many business transformation, turnaround and restructuring projects in manufacturing, aircraft maintenance, distribution and retail. Prior to working in industry he worked in corporate restructuring with PWC and Deloitte. His training started in small practice where he worked with family owned SME’s.
Patrick has worked with numerous distressed businesses and has proven ability to make tough decisions that produce winning results. He is a goal driven strategic independent thinker who values collaboration. He is known as someone who can show others the vision for the business and bring people on that journey.
Over the course of his career, he has:
• Fundraising – Successfully supported several clients through fundraising with Banks, Private Equity investors and Venture Capital companies.
• Business Turnaround and restructuring – Patrick has been involved in the successful turnaround of businesses in the retail, manufacturing and equipment rental sectors. These projects involved undertaking a detailed review of all activities and developing strategies and actions plan to restore profitability and improve cash and working capital. Includes disposal or closure of non- viable activities, cost reduction and rigorous management of costs and working capital , debt restructuring / replacement and implementation of systems to monitor progress against objectives.
• Cash-flow – developed cash flow forecasts and implemented strategies to improve working capital and cash positions. He has managed cash in several crisis situations and implemented solutions to resolve these problems while managing through the crisis. In every position he worked in Patrick has brought focus to EBITDA.
• Sale of businesses – prepared businesses for sale and supported the sale of businesses in retail, manufacturing and distribution. This involved improving revenues and driving EBITDA in advance of going to market. Supporting discussions with potential purchasers and establishing data rooms and dealing with questions and issues arising. Managing smooth transition of ownership following completion of contracts.
• New business set up – implemented reporting and controls systems for the Irish operations of a newly established UK owned business.
• Business growth – Driving growth through addition of new locations and business channels
• Acquisitions – identification and investigation of suitable opportunities and subsequent integration of acquired business. As Finance Director Patrick has been involved in the due diligence of a number of businesses and has led the integration of several acquired businesses both in Ireland and the UK.
• Budgeting and forecasting – Developing detailed plans for businesses, including revenues, costs and working capital and providing updates through forecasts.
• Reporting and systems – Designed and implemented financial and operational reporting systems across multi location and multi-jurisdictional sites. Implemented SAP in Ireland as part of a Global implementation.
• International – Managed foreign based subsidiaries and implemented transfer pricing policies.
• Exit planning – Achievement of top and bottom line growth through business life cycle to optimise valuation for business sale.